7.2. Coupling check
Before replacement of components which, obviously, failed it is necessary to establish obvious damages, to establish a problem and the possible reasons. The bulk of malfunctions of coupling and the transmission is shown in difficulties of gear shifting, such as big effort which needs to be put when switching, a gnash of the tooth gearing, friction with a scratch or blocking of the transmission. If meets some of these malfunctions, the preliminary analysis has to be carried out. Before removal of coupling it is necessary to execute the following checks and adjustments in a certain sequence.
Coupling pedal course
1. Adjustment of the course of a pedal of coupling has to be made as it is described in the head "A coupling pedal" in this section.
2. If at the heated-up engine of transfer hard switch or process of switching is followed by the creaking sounds and other noise probably coupling is switched off not completely. Very seldom this effect indicates malfunction in the transmission. To make sure of incomplete switching off of coupling it is necessary to execute check on the first transfer or transfer of a backing.
Coupling work idling
1. Idling of the engine with the transmission in a neutral point and the included coupling.
2. During the operation of the engine at a frequency of idling and the lever of gear shifting in neutral situation press a pedal of coupling and in several seconds include any transfer, at the same time from the transmission no noise should be heard. If there is an increased noise at transfer inclusion, perhaps, press the disk and/or a clutch plate have defects.
1. Disconnect a wire from the negative plug of the rechargeable battery.
Fig. 7.2. Measurement of a carving part of a tip of a cable of coupling: 1 – carving part of a tip of a cable of coupling; 2 – clip; 3 – the separating lever
Measure length of a carving part of a tip of a cable acting from the separating lever and write down value (fig. 7.2).
Fig. 7.3. Elements of fastening of a cable of coupling to the separating lever: 1 – carving part of a tip of a cable of coupling; 2 – clip; 3 – nut
2. Remove a clip of 1 (fig. 7.3), turn off a nut 3 and disconnect a carving tip of a cable of coupling from the separating lever.
3. Remove a coupling pedal as follows:
Fig. 7.4. Elements of fastening of a pedal of coupling: 1 – nut; 2 – spring clamp; 3 – axis; 4 – washer; 5 – returnable spring
– disconnect a returnable spring of 5 (fig. 7.4) from an arm;