11.2. Check and adjustment
Check and adjustment of a back axis (disorder and convergence)
Disorder and convergence of wheels of a back axis are not regulated. At detection of violation of disorder or convergence define and remove the cause. At detection of the damaged, badly fixed, bent or worn-out details of a suspension bracket they need to be repaired or replaced. If the problem is connected with a body, the body needs to be repaired according to the specification.
1. For the correct carrying out measurements when checking adjustment of a back suspension bracket it is necessary to provide performance of the following conditions:
– the protector on all tires has to be worn-out evenly and in admissible limits;
– air pressure in both tires of back wheels has to be identical;
– rims of disks of wheels have to be in good shape.
2. Preparation of the car for check:
– place on front seats freight on 70 kg;
– fill the fuel tank to a half;
– stabilize springs, having shaken the car from each party (especially if before it the car was on the elevator). If not to carry out this procedure, then the measured corner of disorder can be too big since the back axis will not reach the usual neutral position.
When using for check of rotary tables which do not allow to measure side loadings it is necessary to roll away previously the car on 1 m back, and then to move it on 1 m forward.
3. Measure sizes of corners by means of the optical device. Values of disorder and convergence:
– disorder – Z0 '±30’;
– convergence of 1,5±1 mm.
Adjustment of a gap of bearings of naves of back wheels
1. Lift the car so that the wheel which is subject to adjustment freely rotated.
2. Take off a dustproof cap from a nave.
3. Get the forelock from a koronchaty nut of the hug bearing. Rotating a wheel or a brake disk, at the same time tighten a nut with the moment of 25 N • m (fig. 11.3).
4. Weaken a nut so that it was possible to shift a persistent washer. Check is made by means of the screw-driver: you watch to bending and to damage a washer during check (fig. 11.4).
Not to opirayta the screw-driver about a wheel nave.
5. If the opening for the forelock does not coincide with a groove of a koronchaty nut, tighten a nut before combination with the following opening (fig. 11.5).
6. Insert the forelock into a nut groove.
7. Again check that the persistent washer is not clamped and it can be shifted.
8. If the persistent washer does not move, weaken a bearing nut to the previous opening under the forelock.
9. Establish a dustproof cap of a nave.
10. Lower the car.